Kansas City Chiefs at Denver Broncos Preview, Picks, Predictions & Odds
Week 7 will see the Kansas City Chiefs at Denver Broncos in a classic AFC West matchup. The Chiefs and Broncos have had very different seasons thus far. For the first four game weeks, the Chiefs seemed unstoppable with quarterback Patrick Mahomes in the driving seat. But after two straight defeats, it seems that Mahomes is going to need some back-up from the Chiefs’ defensive unit if the team is going to go anywhere this year.
The Broncos, who started the season with four straight losses, enter the matchup on a two-game winning streak. Recently signed starting quarterback Joe Flacco isn’t having the best season. However, the team has shown that they are able to rack up wins with a dedicated defense to cover for this. With both teams seemingly coming into the matchup with vastly different narratives, who will come out on top?
Kansas City Chiefs at Denver Broncos Predictions
As per usual, here’s a look at some key stats for both the Kansas City Chiefs and Denver Broncos that may influence your betting decision:
- As previously mentioned, the Chiefs are coming off a two-game losing streak, whereas the Broncos are coming off a two-game winning streak. Both teams seem to have traded positions in terms of losses and wins.
- Although Patrick Mahomes seemed to be having a potential record-breaking season, his performance has dropped in the last three games, having thrown four touchdowns for an interception.
- Joe Flacco has not been the addition to the team the Broncos’ front office had hoped he would be. In the last six weeks, the former Super Bowl winning quarterback has thrown six touchdowns for five interceptions. In the team’s win against the Tennessee Titans, Flacco threw no touchdowns and an embarrassing interception.
- Head-to-head, the Chiefs have won the last seven games against the Broncos. In addition to this, their last two losses have come at home.
- The Broncos have picked up two wins against teams that have struggled just as much as they have to make progress this season. After Week 6, the Tennessee Titans have a record of 2-4 as do the Los Angles Chargers.
So, with all this said, here are our predictions for the Kansas City Chiefs at Denver Broncos Thursday night matchup:
- Moneyline – bookies have set the Chiefs as favorites to win this game, and it really is no surprise given the Broncos’ struggling offensive unit. While the Chiefs may have struggled over the last two weeks, they have at the very least been able to remain competitive and find the end zone. The same cannot really be said about the Broncos, who were very reliant on their defense not allowing scoring plays rather than raking up scores themselves.
Kim’s NFL Prediction Record so far: 17-11 (Parlays: 0-2)
Kansas City Chiefs at Denver Broncos Odds
Check out the latest NFL betting news:
- Detroit Lions at Green Bay Packers Predictions & Betting Odds
- Philadelphia Eagles at Minnesota Vikings Preview, Predictions & Betting Odds
- San Francisco 49ers at Los Angeles Rams Picks, Predictions & Betting Odds
- New Orleans Saints at Jacksonville Jaguars Preview, Predictions & Odds
- Seattle Seahawks at Cleveland Browns Picks, Predictions and Odds