The NFL’s Week 10 set of fixtures will kick off with the Los Angeles Chargers at Oakland Raiders for a big AFC West clash. The two California-based teams have both been having rather average seasons with more losses than they would like. Both will be working hard to make sure that they do enough to earn Wild Card playoff spots by the end of the season and that may need to start with a win in this game.
The Los Angeles Chargers enter this matchup with a big win over the Green Bay Packers in a game in which the defense really showed their potential. In short, they made Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers like an average player, which is no easy feat with Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram III both recording sacks. They will be looking to keep their strong defensive form going into this matchup.
The Oakland Raiders are coming off a hard-fought victory over the Detroit Lions. The game saw the Raiders put up a very strong performance against rather formidable opposition to take the game and they will be looking to carry that momentum in to this game. Who will win this AFC West matchup?
Los Angeles Chargers at Oakland Raiders Predictions
So, before we have a look at our predictions, here are some of the stats we had a look at in the process of making them:
- The Los Angeles Chargers enter this game with a record of 4-5. Despite being one of the more favored teams to win the Super Bowl at the beginning of the season, they struggled to find their momentum, dropping games to some rather questionable opposition. However, with successive wins over the Chicago Bears and the Green Bay Packers, it finally seems as if the team is en route to a better season.
- Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers isn’t having a bad season, but he not having a great one either. This year so far, he has thrown for 2609 yards and 12 touchdowns against seven interceptions. He put up some good performances against the Packers and Titans and will be hoping to continue such form against the Raiders this week.
- One big thing to note about the Chargers game against the Packers was that the team was able to limit the Packers to just 184 yards. On paper, the team is defensively strong but it seems that they are just beginning to show that now. If they are able to keep up the momentum from the last game, they should be able to do well against the Raiders.
- The Oakland Raiders come into this matchup with an even score of 4-4. They went through all sorts of turmoil with Antonio Brown at the beginning of the season, and bookies didn’t set their prospects high. However, the team isn’t doing too badly. They have been able to get some wins but definitely have struggled against more challenging opposition, registering losses against the Green Bay Packers, Houston Texans, Kansas City Chiefs and Minnesota Vikings.
- Raiders quarterback Derek Carr has been having a pretty good season. He has thrown for 1984 yards and 13 touchdowns against four interceptions. In the team’s last game against the Lions, he managed to throw for 289 yards and two touchdowns.
- The Chargers have got the upper hand in matchups between the two teams, winning six of the last 10. That said, the Raiders have been pretty good against the spread at home (they are 6-1) which may suggest that they have a good chance of winning this one.
With all that said, here is our prediction for Los Angeles Chargers at Oakland Raiders:
- Moneyline – the Chargers are favored to win this one and we think rightfully so. While the Raiders are a tough team to beat at home, we feel that the Chargers are on the up and that they prove to be challenging to contain offensively and disruptive defensively.
Kim’s NFL Prediction Record so far: 30-20 (Parlays: 0-2).
Los Angeles Chargers at Oakland Raiders Odds
Get the Best Odds Here
Find out the latest NFL betting news here:
- Miami Dolphins at Indianapolis Colts Predictions & Odds 11/10/19
- Dallas Cowboys at New York Giants Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds 11/4/19
- Houston Texans vs Jacksonville Jaguars Predictions & Odds 11/3/19
- New York Jets at Miami Dolphins Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds 11/3/19
- San Francisco 49ers at Arizona Cardinals Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds Week 9 10/31/19