San Jose Sharks at Boston Bruins Predictions, Picks & Odds 10/29/19
Tonight’s NHL action features the San Jose Sharks at Boston Bruins for an interconference matchup. While many hockey fans would generally believe this to be a big game, the Sharks have not started the season well at all. They are currently on a two-game losing streak. Their last game against the Ottawa Senators saw the Senators get five goals past them (and the Senators are one of the worst teams in the league.) Will they be able to turn things around with a big win over Boston?
Well, it’s going to be hard. Boston are fresh off a Stanley Cup appearance and seem to be turning this season into a successful run. They are currently in second place in the Atlantic Division with two games in hand. They enter this matchup on a three-game winning streak. While it may seem fairly easy to make predictions for this game, the NHL sees many surprising outcomes.
San Jose Sharks at Boston Bruins Predictions
Before we get into prediction making, here are some facts and stats for the Sharks and Bruins:
- The Sharks enter this matchup with a record of 4-7-1, having lost their last two. This will also be their fifth straight game on the road, meaning that the team will probably be a bit worse for wear even if they were playing well.
- The Bruins enter this matchup with a record of 8-1-2. They enter the game off a 7-4 win against the New York Rangers. They have only been beaten once at home this season so far, and that was against Tampa Bay Lightning in a shootout.
- Tuukka Rask is thought to be named starting goaltender for the Bruins tonight. Rask has had a good season so far with a record of 5-0-1, a goals against average of 1.48, and a save percentage of .952. His last game was against the St. Louis Blues, which saw him shutout the opposition, saving all 26 shots.
- On the other side, it is thought that Martin Jones will be in goal for the Sharks tonight. Jones isn’t having the best of seasons this year with a record of 2-5-1, a goals against average of 3.39, and a save percentage of .892. In his last game against the Senators, he was subbed in for Aaron Dell and conceded a goal in a total of eight shots flung his way. The alternative is Dell, and with his shocking performance against the Senators, the Sharks’ best hope that Jones plays tonight.
So, with all that said, here are our predictions for San Jose Sharks at Boston Bruins:
- Moneyline – we’re going with the Bruins. Boston is ranked first in average goals allowed so far this season so it will be very difficult to put some past them. Furthermore, they are ranked second on power play executions. We think that they’ll just prove too much for a struggling Sharks side.
Kim’s NHL Prediction Record so far: 15-21
San Jose Sharks at Boston Bruins Odds
Get the Best Odds Here
Check out the latest NHL betting news here:
- Florida Panthers at Vancouver Canucks Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds 10/28/19
- Arizona Coyotes at Buffalo Sabres Preview, Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds
- Colorado Avalanche at Vegas Golden Knights Predictions & Odds 10/25/19
- New York Islanders at Ottawa Senators Predictions & Odds 10/25/19
- Philadelphia Flyers at Chicago Blackhawks Predictions & Odds 10/24/19